Montag, 21. Mai 2007

Speaking practice

It is hard to speak English if you have nobody to talk to. But since it is necessary in order to improve your knowledge you need to find a way. I have experienced that going by train is a surprisingly helpful thing. Almost every Monday I meet English speaking people on the train, usually very chatty travellers. A few weeks ago I met two music teachers from the States who travelled with a bunch of students across Europe. They were very enthusiastic and interested in my culture and I learnt a lot about America and the differences.
Last week I was sitting next to student from Romania who is planning to immigrate to Canada once he finishes his studies. He has a fiancée in my hometown but this was his first trip to Slovenia. He was impressed by the peace we have because living in Bucharest is hasty and loud. You never know who will you meet next but altogether it is a very good start into the week.

Keine Kommentare: